Dental Implant Instructions
Make sure you have read: After
surgery - Patient Instructions. In addition the following
information is intended to help make your recovery comfortable and
- There will sometimes be a metal healing cap protruding
through the gum tissue; it looks like a shiny button and is normal. Do not brush in this area until instructed. The chlorhexidine mouth rinse will keep the area clean during healing.
- Pressure on the implant, during healing, can cause problems.
Do not eat solid food in the area of implant placement until instructed.
If you have a temporary appliance and it feels like it is hitting the
implant make an appointment to have it adjusted. This can overload the
implant and make it loose.
Notify the office if:
- Your medications do not relieve your discomfort
- If you develop a fever above 99.5F
- If you have any unusual swelling, uncontrolled bleeding
- If you develop any changes in vision, balance.